yas1 wrote:
> Well I updated from 7.9.3~1591161343 to 8.1.0 and WavInput remained in
> the active plugins list but with *no tick* in the box and its
> description was 'Plugin is incompatible with this version of Logitech
> Media Server. Please update.'
The WaveInput was only valid for 7.9.* before 8.0 was released.  When
8.0 was released for a few months and I had time to check out the plugin
with 8.0 -  I then updated WaveInput plugin so that it would compatible
with 8.*

I think you are saying you had WaveInput already installed with 7.9.3
(and maybe earlier)  - this wasn't clear from earlier post.
So the version of the plugin already installed in 7.9 had validity
marked for 7.9.* in install.xml from the pre-existing installed version
of WaveInput - whereas the repository version of WaveInput has an
updated install.xml for 8.* compatibility.
After upgrade to 8.1 -  the plugin version did not change so no plugin
update, but the compatibility as indicated in install.xml still show
only 7.9.* compatibility.
To get an updated install.xml which had 8.* compatibility - plugin had
to be uninstalled and reinstalled.

This "install.xml" issue is true for many plugins which did not have a
version update as there is no code change.