Jobarr wrote:
> Thanks for looking into it and for all the background information. This
> was on a 2019 Shield TV, but it has also happened with JVC and Google
> devices. I have never seen these behaviors with any other services (at
> least Google Play Music or YouTube Music) as far as I know. I am
> surprised that these issues don't seem to be more common with other
> users. I have had them occasionally at least since I started using LMS
> around 7 months ago. I just finally got around to posting. :)

Other controllers are not affected probably because they are not trying
to be bridges and that really complicated the job as fundamentally it’s
trying to keep in sync two asynchronous states machines with a boss
(LMS) who believes he can be the boss. Candidly, there a few things that
I would change today should I re-write the plugin like a would put more
a capabilities in the Perl side. Today, it’s just a config file editor.
It could declare a player model and control volume and many other
actions / parameters much more accurately.

Still, to your case, can you be super sure that there is no other
controller somewhere?

LMS 7.9  on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet,
1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000,
ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2,
Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5,
Riva 1 & 3