marco.mosca wrote:
> I really appreciate your effort, however this is still far from the
> previous features. In addition consider that I'm not using genres at all
> as well as custom playlist, but instead using multi library to segregate
> different kind of music based on disk/folder position.
>
> I'm wondering why you haven't created a new plugin letting us deciding
> what to do. Can you evaluate this opportunity to re-establish version
> 2.x as it was and having your new plugin coexisting?
>
> Thanks
> Marco

Dude, the message you're quoting was *not* directed at *you*. Like *at
all*. Ok? If you'd taken a single look at the github page before
accusing me of negligence you'd know there's a paragraph on how to
revert to v2. Auto-updating to v3 happened for a lot of people because
LMS didn't distinguish between the old and new plugin IDs and only
looked at the plugin name. Seems to me that reverting to v2 is the way
for you to go. And it is documented on the github page. Other people
have done it.

While CustomSkip will work for literally anything else with global
skipping enabled there's a code block in CS that relies on the DPL v2
and prevents CS from filtering tracks in DPL mixes. Many of Erland's
plugins were in some ways closely 'interlocked'.
One of my objectives was to maintain as much backwards compatibility as
possible while making these ties optional and non-essential. This way
plugins that are deprecated (CustomSkip) and/or will probably stop
working properly at some point (SQLPlayList, MultiLibrary) wouldn't
break DPL in the future. I'm very sure now you understand that I cannot
guarantee that -deprecated- plugins will continue to work completely or
indefinitely with new versions of DPL. So the change has to happen in
CustomSkip because DPL has moved on.

I'll upload a version of CustomSkip to my github repo without the
mentioned code block that should work with DPLv3. But *I won't provide
-any- support for CustomSkip*. You can either install that version
manually or delete the code block in your CS plugin yourself. Or revert
to v2.
That's it from me.