afriend wrote:
> With v3.2.1 you have 2 options to achieve this:
>
> - I've added a dynamic playlist that plays random songs but ignores all
> tracks from a selected playlist. You'd have to choose the genres to
> exclude on the botton of DPL's settings page. That should work. Only
> downside: these excluded genres will apply to all built-in dynamic
> playlists.
>
> - Or you can create a *custom* dynamic playlist to use in DPL *directly*
> - _-*without*-_ SQPlayList. For that you'd have to post the sql code
> here so I can take a look and post my version. To get the sql code: on
> the screenshot page at the bottom choose the radio button "-Customize
> SQL-", then press -Save- but *_don't_ press any button on the next page*
> (save/save&play) or SQLPlaylist will always show this playlist in sql
> code. Instead copy the sql query code from the box and post it here in
> code tags. Then click on Home or close the window.

Thanks for this. I guess some of this is over my head as I really don't
understand the relationship between DPL and SQL Playlist. I believe that
you said in a prior post that if I set Custom Skip to work on all
playlists, that would solve the issue. If so, I think that would be OK
for my purposes, even though all my static playlists wouldn't really
need it. What I'm finding confusing is that if I go into your version of
DPL and create a new list by selecting the parameters and then I save it
as a favorite, it creates a new SQL file. Then I have to go into
SQLPLayist and refresh. Once I do that, the new playlist appears within
DPL and seems to work. Sorry if my questions are too basic. And thanks
for your responsiveness.