castalla wrote:
> Tried with a different cd.  Same outcome... track shows as playing but
> there's no sound.
>
> (What's crazy is that I stumbled through the windows install finally,
> and both cds play okay with sound on any player)
>
> Naive question: is the song format a wav file? Can pcp play wavs?   I'm
> clutching at straws....

It's odd. It may be a PCP thing (e.g. Perl version) - I'll have to go
back through this thread and see if somebody posted a PCP specific
hack.
I don't like the double read of TOC - something is off.
You are using the WebGUI and not another Jive or other controller  -
they do things differently ?

I have the exact same version of icedax, so it's not the format.

Songs are extracted from the CD by cdda2wav and it formats them into
WAV.
However your log shows that CDplayer plugin never gets as far as
transcoding - the zero duration is stopping the playing.