Triode;396997 Wrote:
> Yes - I'm following that blog post.  At present the aac/aac+ streams are
> only available via a flash based web browser.  If they become available
> via straight http streaming then they will be interesting to look at
> for this iplayer plugin, through they would need transcoding on the
> server as squeezeboxes's can't decode aac natively.  (I hope the bbc
> don't take the mp3 streams away because of this though as it will mean
> the iplayer pluging won't work any more...)

First of all, thanks for your hard work on this excellent plugin, it
has added a whole extra dimension to my use of the Squeezebox.

I am slightly confused by your post though.  On the one hand you are
saying AAC streams will be "interesting to look at for this iplayer
plugin" and on the other hand that the plugin will not work without the
mp3 streams.

Are you saying that if they replace the MP3 streams with AAC streams
that you will need you to re-program the plugin?

I must admit to being worried by this development.  It sounds like they
may only allow access to iPlayer radio through the use of a flash plugin
on a computer, and that they may ditch the straight http streams, making
radio inaccessible on Squeezeboxes (or other internet radios).  Is that
likely?

--
TheLastMan

Matt

SB Duet, Synology Diskstation 107+ with FW 2.0-0600
SqueezeCenter 7.2.1 and SSODS 3 beta 15.
Naim 42/110 amp, B&W CM2 speakers.
LPs ripped using Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap, M-Audio 2496.