pippin;472369 Wrote:
> The light is not the real reason for the battery drain. The real reason
> is that without the standby mode the device stays active while the
> iPhone's screen saver suspends all foreground apps and puts the
> processor into power safe-mode. This likely has a much bigger effect
> than the screen.

Ok thanks, I didn't knew that. But anyway having to press a button and
slide the screen to unlock prevents the iPod from being an optimal
solution for Squeezecenter.
The question then is if iPeng can bring the iPod to sleep mode and wake
it up without the buttons. Just pick it up like a Philips Pronto
remotecontrol and start operating. We'll see it in the future.

--
Bert0123