After using countless hours getting the WOL setup working I've finally
given up on SqueezeBox Server 7.4.x.

I deleted 7.4.1, installed SqueezeCenter 7.3.3, downgraded firmware on
controller and blocked mysqueezebox.com + squeezenetwork.com in my
router to prevent further accidental upgrades.

As suspected everything now works perfectly - WOL and all. And the
controller menus are far more responsive than they were on 7.4.x.

I really really hate to give up and go back, but 7.4.x is simply still
too beta I'm angry that they're using ordinary users to discover
function-breaking bugs, and at the same time don't respond to
bug-reports.

Anyway, SvrPowerControl is not to blame for any of this of course, and
it's now running flawlessly :)

--
Innocence