bpa;554631 Wrote:
> From the Mplayer Extended site
>

> Since this is not the standard Mplayer - it is not installed where the
> shell script expected.  The Plugin settings page info just checks that
> an mplayer is installed - it does not verify location or version.
>
> I don't have an OSX system so I can only make gueeses as to get it
> working.
>
> You have a choice - either
> 1. Uninstall current mplayer and then install an official (and probably
> older) build of mplayer. However the mplayer developers were very bad at
> building OSX builds so this may be difficult. This may be an alternative
> site http://haque.net/software/mplayer/mplayerosx/builds/
> 2. Change the realmplayer.sh file to look for the mplayer executable on
> your system.
>
> I suggest doing 2 since the mplayer you have seems to be able to play
> RealAudio from a Terminal window.
>
> First - determine the full path of the mplayer executable (not the
> folder) - In a Terminal window you could try the following commands
> (these are guesses).
> which mplayer
> or
> where mplayer

Bpa, I am having the same problem as the OP on a Mac mini using OSX
10.6 with an Intel processor. The only difference is that I installed
the older version of mplayer that you recommended.  It is installed in
the path expected by "realplayer.sh" for an Intel CPU, namely: "i386
processor
/Applications/MPlayer
OSX.app/Contents/Resources/External_Binaries/mplayer.app/Contents/MacOS/mplayer"

The playreal plugin settings show mplayer to be installed and the
correct file types are activated, but when I try to stream the PHC URL
you gave in an earlier post via "Tune in URL", I get no audio.  The SB3
shows as connecting although the web UI looks to be streaming normally.
The URL plays with no problem through the mplayer GUI. I have not tried
to stream the URL via a "command line" as you request the OP to do
because, like him, I am confused whether you mean a SBS or OSX one.
Regardless, I don't know the command structure for either method.

I agree with your assessment that playreal can't find mplayer despite,
in my case, it being exactly where it should be.  I notice in the
preamble to the else/if construct that the "uname" is set to "Darwin"
which is not my user name or the name of my computer.  Could this be
the problem?

Anyway, in option 2 of the above quote it looks like you were going to
tell the OP how to alter realplayer.sh once you determined where his
mplayer application was located. Since mine is known, I would
appreciate your help in doing this.

--
raglencross