Sorry for the delay on getting back to you, but business called me
away.
The command line resulted in the following:

Macmini:~ raglencross$ ls -l "/Applications/MPlayer
OSX.app/Contents/Resources/External_Binaries/mplayer.app/Contents/MacOS/"
total 41976
-rwxr-xr-x  1 raglencross  admin  21490476 Jan 12  2008 mplayer

In anticipation of what next you might suggest to do, I tried the same
command on the directory which contains (or which I think contains)
squeezebox.exe.  I just got an error message about an invalid
directory.  I suspect that the squeezebox file is not the correct one
as it is only 115KB or so in size which seems too small to be the whole
application.

--
raglencross