results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=79524
Question: Are you interested in IR-over-IP?

- Yes, I'd like to have IRoIP.
- No, I don't care.

indifference_engine;603709 Wrote:

> that could actually be pretty tough to do especially where people are
> using chains of commands that control different pieces of equipment in
> one event.  It is also hard to code as the file downloads are
> asynchronous.  I'd have to download SqueezeIR.xml, go through it, look
> for the references to the extra files, request them from the server,
> wait for them to be downloaded one at a time, check that I've got them
> all and then proceed!  Of course, there's nothing to stop you breaking
> up the files anyway you like to work on and then just pasting all the
> bits together at the end if that's easier.

Ok, you're right. I saw it from a user perspective rather than from the
coder one. At the end it is better to the controller be started in an
acceptable time ;o)

indifference_engine;603709 Wrote:

> Well, SqueezeIR can work on desktop squeezeplay which can run on the
> SBS machine so in theory the only extra thing required would be the ir
> emitter hardware (the easy bit) and a program that can take the IR
> commands in the SqueezeIR/Controller format and convert them to the ir
> emitter's format.  Problem is though that each brand of emitter is
> probably going to expect the commands formatted differently so unless
> there is some ubiquitous ir emitter it would need recoding on a
> per-user basis.

I thought about lirc or winlirc, because SqueezeIR already uses
lirc-files. Lirc/WinLirc also supports a lot of emitters. This system
should be left to the user. Assuming a working lirc/winlirc
installation with fully functional emitter, there should be a tag for
marking the pc-emitter (squeezeplay or sbs). Another tag might be one
for overwriting the defaut "testir" command to the path on the target
system. Using lirc/winlirc I think one just have to send an command
like "irsend remote code". If that would work there could be a method
for doing ir-over-ip to non sbc controller hardware.

After writing all this above I must admit, that it seems a little bit
harder to code and smells of a lot of work. So please keep it just as
some brain storming!

--
chincheta0815