gharris999;616005 Wrote:
> I have to admit that I don't have any experience with wireless bridges
> so I'm unclear if broadcast packets hop across the "gap" or not.
>
> But what kind of a SqueezeBox are you using?  As far as I know, the
> older, IP3K based SBs essentially just remember a single MAC address
> for WOL.  If you're using one of these older SqueezeBoxes, you could
> try performing a factory reset and then setting it up again connected
> via wire to one of the ports on the wireless bridge.  I'm thinking that
> that way the "real" mac address of the mac mini will get saved to the
> "whom-to-WOL" slot in player.  And hopefully that slot will survive
> changing the network setting back to wireless (which you'll have to do
> without doing another factory reset, of course.)
>
> Worth a shot, anyway.
>
> The other alternative is iPeng.  You can "hard-code" the mac-mini's MAC
> in iPeng and it should be able to WOL it.  I mean, if NetWake can do it,
> iPeng should be able to do it too.  Even putting the WOL feature aside,
> iPeng is well worth the $10, IMHO.

I'm using a SB radio that's less than a year old so I guess its not
worth trying the approach you suggest.

I agree with you about Ipeng - worth every cent.  Unfortunately when
Ipeng connects to a server it remembers the MAC address of that server
and associates it with the server's IP address. In my setup the minute
I use IPeng  from the repeater side of the network (i.e. by my bed
where I want to use WOLan), it overwrites any previously entered MAC
address with the MAC address of the repeater bridge. Thus it is unable
to WOLan the server the next time unless I manually overwrite the saved
MAC address again.  I have fooled around with saving a dummy server IP
address with the correct MAC address and then using manual WOL on
Ipeng, but frankly it's easier to use NetAwake and I'm not really too
bothered about getting Ipeng to do the same job.  But it would be very
nice to get SB Radio to wake the server 5 minutes before it wakes me up
with an alarm as it is designed to.

Ironically, I did have this functionality working using Server Power
Control. Provided I used the sleep function each night on my SB Radio,
ServerPowerControl would set a wake event on the server before the next
alarm.   It worked most of the time pretty well, but I think
ReallyPreventStandby is a better overall solution for me even given
this small niggle.

--
shawje