steve781;629666 Wrote:
> My system is starting to stabilize, but it's not quite there. After
> upgrading to the beta my alarms seem to be more reliable, but now I
> have a problem where my SBS randomly goes to sleep. With the repo
> version of SvrPowerCtrl the server would stay running as long as there
> was an active player. Now it does not seem to matter, one of the
> players will be streaming and on the display it will show "Suspending
> Server" and the server goes away. This is really bad when I use the
> Sleep function because if the server goes away the Sleep timer will not
> shut off the player.
>
> My first question is how do I upgrade the Server Power Control app that
> is on the player? I can't find a way to remove or add it so I guess it
> is always installed on any player connected to my SBS? Second, should I
> try a reset to default of all settings in the plugin? I'm thinking
> something from the old version is conflicting with the new version.
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

After I reset the SvrPowerCtrl to default and rebooted the players
everything is now working properly. On the players when I go to the
Extras menu the Server Power Control now has an icon in the left
column. Before, even after I removed the release (repo for
SqueezeCenter) and installed the beta, the icon was missing. So I had
the beta on the server and the release on the players. Doing the reset
to default settings and a reboot of the players caused the beta to be
installed on the players.

At least for now every thing is perfect. Hopefully this will last for a
while.

Steve

--
steve781