gharris999;630112 Wrote:
> @ctweedle:
> If you're new to Linux, the syntax of the crontab file where these cron
> jobs are scheduled can seem pretty arcane.  Once I'm back at a computer
> where I can do more than two-fingered typing, I'll create some examples
> for you and post them here.
>
> ..or give it a try yourself.  You can study up on cron job scheduling
> by googling "man crontab".  The block and unblock commands you'll want
> to schedule via cron are:
>
> touch /var/lock/spc-block
>
> ..and:
>
> rm /var/lock/spc-block
>
> Good luck!

Do the above two commands function to turn the server off and on? I
assume that if I can get the syntax of the command line correct for the
crontab, I would precede the text you suggested with the sequence 30 0 *
* 2-0 to indicate 12:30AM, all days of month, all months and Tuesday
through Sunday.

--
ctweedle