Erland,

When you say you go commercial, you truly are! I guess we get spoiled
by getting so much for free or at low (one off!) prices in App stores.
For some it will be ok to pay USD 50 for a lifetime licence considering
they used your plugins for many years. For me, having had the free usage
for a few months only, I can only look forward!

I use three plugins: Dynamic Playlist, SQL Playlist and TrackStat. That
gets me to USD15 per year or USD50 lifetime. With the way things are
going I don't see myself assuming that I will use this setup for more
than three years. There are plenty of reasons, both on the software and
hardware side, that make me believe it will not last that long. Got
experience with that already (it is called Roku Soundbridge).

My use is realy for the SQL playlist plugin with which I made two
playlists that allow me to;
- Play stuff I have never played
- Play decades eliminating 'bad' songs (based on autorating, genre and
artists) and stuff I have been listining to recently

Unfortunately I need three plugins to make that happen. Whether it
needs to be packaged that way I don't know, but now that you start
charging, it becomes relevant to the user. For example, on your
Wikipage you highlight that the DynamicPlaylist plugin doesn't realy do
anything without something else. Yet, I still need to pay USD5 per year
for it.

On that basis I will not buy any licence. It just is not enough value
for my money.

I thought I let you know just in case you want to reconsider the
packaging of your licence for the smaller users of your plugins (or
merge some of the plugins). Clearly it is your decision how much to
ask, as it is my decision not to buy. Thats all about going commercial,
so no hard feelings! Not everything in life can be for free.

Peter

--
Peter83