garym wrote:
> New Smartmix user report (and thanks for this plugin). Just installed
> today (v.096) on my work machine (win7(64) running 7.7.2 and player is
> SqueezePlay. Only added about 5 minutes to my scan of about 70k files.
>
> Discovering files/directories: E:\All Music Files   (77521 of 77521)
> Complete  00:02:04
> Scanning new music files: E:\All Music Files   (70036 of 70036)
> Complete  00:34:55
> Discovering playlists: C:\Users\gary\Music\Playlists   (13 of 13)
> Complete  00:00:00
> Scanning new playlists: C:\Users\gary\Music\Playlists   (12 of 12)
> Complete  00:00:04
> Profile export   (70036 of 70036)   Complete  00:05:06
> Pre-caching Artwork   (3424 of 3424)   Complete  00:06:04
> The server has finished scanning your media library.
> Total Time: 00:48:13 (Thursday, January 3, 2013 / 5:07 PM)
>
> Working nicely. I'll need to explore a bit more to figure out how to
> make more complex recipes. I created an artist recipe and saved it just
> as a test. I assume that webpage is what folks are calling "the
> Blender"? I Can also select a song and it gives me the options of track
> mix or artist mix, along with the smart mix options (although I seem to
> have to right click on a song WITHIN the smartmix playlist to get the
> SMART MIX OPTIONS.
>
> Again, thanks. This is a very useful plugin. I'll install on my
> Vortexbox machine and report back on that one as well.

Hmmm, spoke too soon. Playing fine and no errors when scanning, but it
seems like most mixes I start from a song (or from one of the default
mixes, e.g., SMOOTH) seem to play a dozen or so songs and then the
playlists repeat themselves. REPEAT is not turned on anywhere.  I'm
creating mixes from my own library only. I notice that 11,252 of the
songs show up as unrecognized tracks according to the smartmix plugin
information. But that still leaves 60k tracks, so the handful of tracks
selected by these mixes seems way too low to me.  I'm sure I'm missing
something regarding making the smart mixes play as more dynamic
playlists perhaps?  Thoughts?