I assume that webpage is what folks are calling "the Blender"?

Correct.

I Can also select a song and it gives me the options of track
mix or artist mix, along with the smart mix options (although I seem to
have to right click on a song WITHIN the smartmix playlist to get the
SMART MIX OPTIONS.

The Smart Mix options are intended to give you some control over the mix while you're playing it. Therefore yes, you only see it while playing a mix.

Hmmm, spoke too soon. Playing fine and no errors when scanning, but it
seems like most mixes I start from a song (or from one of the default
mixes, e.g., SMOOTH) seem to play a dozen or so songs and then the
playlists repeat themselves. REPEAT is not turned on anywhere.  I'm

Hmm... I've seen similar reports before. And I've seen similarly odd behaviour randomly on my dev machine too. But in those cases I was assuming it was due to my small selection of files. Can you enable debugging before starting such a mix, then send me the server.log when it starts repeating?

creating mixes from my own library only. I notice that 11,252 of the
songs show up as unrecognized tracks according to the smartmix plugin

Heh... adding the logging option was kind of shocking for me too! Yes, recognition based on metadata only leaves a lot of room for improvement.

--

Michael