mherger wrote:

> > creating mixes from my own library only. I notice that 11,252 of the
> > songs show up as unrecognized tracks according to the smartmix plugin
>
> Heh... adding the logging option was kind of shocking for me too! Yes,
>
> recognition based on metadata only leaves a lot of room for
> improvement.

Just some ideas regarding this.

Would it be an option to upload unrecognized tracks and let their
analyzer handle them ?
http://developer.echonest.com/docs/v4/track.html#upload

There is also a related third party service that might be of interest:
http://echoprint.me/

And if you like to try to send adjusted tag values and see if it works
better, an option might be to use https://acoustid.org/ to get better
tag data based on a calculated fingerprint and then send that tag data
instead of the tags in the file to TEN API.

All this would of course only have to be handled for unrecognized
tracks, which hopefully is a smaller sub section of the complete
library. If you do it for the complete library I suspect it would hurt
the scanning times too much so then you probably don't want to do it at
every rescan.

I understand that you might not want to add this complexity, I'm just
mentioning the options I'm aware of in case you feel it's something you
like to improve.