mherger wrote:
> > 1) Is there a way to know which songs in your collection (I have
> around
> > 80000+ local songs) can be used / are recognized by EchoNest or not?
>
> No reasonable way to do this in an interactive way for this size
> collection: there's no way to tell the API to "get me tracks without an
> EN
> id". You have to get the list of tracks in junks of 100 (the API doesn't
>
> allow for more results per call), and without killing the hit rate (120
>
> queries per minute shared with _all_ users of this plugin)...
>
> The plugin actually does this task to get rid of removed tracks. But to
>
> protect users from the rate limit the process is seriously throttled
> (max.
> 6 requests/min per user) in a background task. In your case this would
>
> take several hours. I could use this lengthy process to report those
> tracks to the log file without too much overhead. Would this help your
>
> need?
>
> > 2) Which online services are used?   Is it just the 'standard' ones
> like
> > MOG, Pandora, etc. - or can it look into other places exposed by
> plugins
> > like Soundcloud or Band's Campout (aka Bandcamp?)
>
> No, only services supported by TEN can be used (MOG, Napster/Rhapsody,
>
> Deezer, Spotify at this time). As TEN is doing the mixing they need to
>
> know about tracks. And they only know tracks of their partners. I hope
>
> they'll add support for more in the future.
>
> --
>
> Michael

Thanks for the response!   The question on missing tracks was mostly
curiosity, but if it's straightforward to log them when found, that
seems useful.   One of the reasons I like MusicIP is that it finds odd
weird tracks in the depths of my collection that probably aren't known
by much of anyone, and would be interesting to know which things TEN
might be missing.

--erik