VirusKiller wrote:

> > PasTim wrote:
> >
> > I have to say I avoid such scanning too often during the day if I can,
> > since they now take around 3 hours.
> > > >
> For this reason, I've been wondering if hacking LMS itself to scan
> additional tags would be more productive.

LMS 7.7 have a scanner API which can be used to hook into the scanner
and perform incremental scanning in same way as standard LMS scanner
does. This is what I'm using in the alpha version of Custom Scan.

Patching LMS might sound easy, but it's a mess to keep them updated with
new LMS versions and it's pretty complex for people to install them.
It's especially problematic for Windows users where it means that users
can use the standard Logitech distribution for Windows, they need to use
the perl distribution and install ActiveState perl separately. If we
only had to handle Linux and OSX it would be possible to make it easy to
install, but it's still problematic to keep it updated when Logitech
releases a new build. Remember that many people on this forum who would
use the patch are also using nightly builds, so they would basically
have to reinstall the patch every night when a new build is published by
Logitech.

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
You may also want to try my Android apps 'Squeeze Display'
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.isaksson.squeezedisplay)
and 'RSS Photo Show'
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.isaksson.rssphotoshow)
*Interested in the future of music streaming ? 'ickStream -  A world of
music at your fingertips'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98467-Pre-Announcement-ickStream&p=743516)*.