VirusKiller wrote:
> Hi Erland - thanks for the reply.  As it happens, I do run on Linux and
> I'm also pretty good with Perl. I've been kind of assuming that 7.7.2 is
> the end of the line when it comes to officially supported builds, but I
> guess I should never say never.

I believe Logitech (mainly mherger) is still committing changes now and
then and there are new nightly builds published, maybe not every night
but at least a few times per month. I personally suspect we might get a
7.7.3 eventually but an official 7.8 release is probably unlikely to
happen unless Logitech decides to start selling Squeezebox hardware
again or wants to shutdown mysqueezebox.com (I believe TuneIn in 7.8
isn't dependent on mysqueezebox.com).

VirusKiller wrote:

> Please would you recap what the issues are with the Alpha scanner (or
> point me to a thread)?

I don't remember the exact details, it was some time since I worked on
it, but this is the thread where the alpha version of Custom Scan was
discussed:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?89768-Need-help-to-test-Custom-Scan-with-support-for-new-changed-scanning

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
You may also want to try my Android apps 'Squeeze Display'
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.isaksson.squeezedisplay)
and 'RSS Photo Show'
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.isaksson.rssphotoshow)
*Interested in the future of music streaming ? 'ickStream -  A world of
music at your fingertips'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98467-Pre-Announcement-ickStream&p=743516)*.