garym wrote:
> Hmmm, why is the vortexbox hibernating and resuming? Have you set it up
> that way? My vortexbox is on 24/7 and never hibernates.
Yes I have.  I'm not sure why anyone would not do so.  Leaving it on
24/7 seems enormously wasteful to me.  I guess I have a postwar (II)
habit drilled in to me that one should not, ever, ever, leave anything
on that you don't need to, however small the consumption might be.

LMS 7.8 on VortexBox Midi, FLACs 16 or 24 bit, up to 192kbps. Touch on
Ethernet (in another room), digital out to a Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC.
Old wireless laptop running Xubuntu controls server using Chromium.
Squeezelite on Vortexbox, Ubuntu & Windows desktops plus the laptop.
Meridian Explorer USB DAC to listen directly to Vortexbox & other PCs as
required.  Spare Touch in loft!