PasTim wrote:
> Yes I have.  I'm not sure why anyone would not do so.  Leaving it on
> 24/7 seems enormously wasteful to me.  I guess I have a postwar (II)
> habit drilled in to me that one should not, ever, ever, leave anything
> on that you don't need to, however small the consumption might be.

OK. Just curious.  That's not likely the source of the problem. Once it
resumes it is fully on and not hibernating intermittantly (unless
something is broken).  (In my own case, my VBA is being used almost
continuously from 5:00am until 1:00am between my wife and me.  So
there's only 4 hours a day I could have it off.  My 65" TV which is off
except for maybe 2 hours a day, uses more power in its OFF state that my
VBA uses when on 24/7 (unless I actually unplug the TV to truly turn it
off!).

p.s. As a baby boomer my parents *attempted* to instill the waste
not/want not approach in me. They mostly succeeded, but not in the case
of the VBA and my access to music/internet radio.  ;-)

*Location 1:* VortexBox (2.2) > LMS 7.7.2 > Transporter, Touch, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VBA 3TB (2.2) > LMS 7.7.2 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > SqueezePlay
*Spares:* VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone4S (iPeng), iPad2 (iPengHD & SqueezePad),
CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Spotify