nikclayton wrote:

> Cover images are cached, both to disk and local memory. What makes you
> think they aren't?

When I open a list view with covers (e.g. new music, albums, ...), I can
see each image being loaded sequentially. When scrolling, no image gets
loaded (black squares shown, even when text has been loaded) until I
stop, then again one image is loaded after the other. They are also only
are loaded when scrolling to a position and stopping the swipe (i.e.
only when visible on screen). When all images have been loaded, I can
scroll normally with all images shown. As soon as I exit the list and
enter it again, the loaded images are gone and slowly are re-populated
as described above.
fwiw, I use a Galaxy S2, performance is fine.

> I'd really appreciate some help with this -- I don't use plugins on my
> server (maybe I'm missing out a bunch of useful functionality), so I'm
> not entirely sure what you mean. For example, when you say "plugin
> context menus for artists/albums/tracks" how would you like that to work
> in Squeezer?  Maybe you can give me an example based on the web UI (so I
> can try and reproduce it locally) and then describe how you think this
> should work on Android?

To add to pippin's explanation: There are basically two GUI modes for a
plugin (I'll call them web and jive, not sure what the official names
are)
- Web: only shown in LMS web gui, usually what you see if you go to
settings/plugins/[plugin name]/settings. Uses server-based HTML
templating engine (included in LMS), server sends the complete HTML
page. Mainly used to configure plugins. AFAIK not available in 3rd party
remotes / GUIs
- Jive: available on Touch, Controller, LMS Web UI, some 3rd party
remotes / GUIs. Based on GUI definition sent by server (e.g. textfields,
buttons, ....), client needs to parse definition, render UI, control
user interaction, and send result data back to server. Usually used to
extend regular menus (Extras, My Music), or context menus.

You could e.g. try the SmartMix plugin, which uses all all of the above
techniques.

[ extGUI4LMS - an alternative web interface: 'forum'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98186-Announce-Alternative-Web-Interface-(beta))
/ 'homepage' (http://code.google.com/p/extgui4lms/) ]