djfake wrote:
> Works!
> I turned the firewall off and I had it playing (not standby) when I
> reran the first command to write the xml file! ....

The amount of trouble I've had with firewalls hiding stuff...    Glad to
hear you made progress.

Getting firewall settings right for UPnP seemed a little bit of a black
art to me. On linux with 'ufw' there were some standard settings but
they were not enough.  I ended up making the specific UPnP devices have
fairly complete access to my music server, especially for ports over
30,000 (which seemed to change from one connection to the next).

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. LMS & Squeeze2upnp to MF M1 CLiC (to MF amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.  Minimserver (server) & upplay (control
point) to same renderers & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.  Squeezelite to
Meridian USB Explorer DAC to speakers/phones.  Wireless Xubuntu 14.04
laptop with firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.   Have a Touch
with EDO, and a spare, but don't use.