djfake wrote:
> Firewalls are a good thing! What ports does sq2u use? Looks like 49494
> for the renderer...
Yes, but on my system the ports seems to vary.  I gave up and opened up
a range in the 30000 to 40000s.  There are some other 'standard' ones
that ufw says need to be open, such as:

Code:
--------------------

  1900/udp                   ALLOW IN    Anywhere
  5431                       ALLOW IN    Anywhere
  49152                      ALLOW IN    Anywhere
  80                         ALLOW IN    Anywhere

--------------------

But I really can't be sure.  I spent a very long time trying to me more
precise, and failed.

> Also, I noticed the CPU use for sq2u is extremely high. Any ideas why
> that is? From top cmd:
>
> 22248 root      20   0   80024   1036    732 R 100.1  0.0   0:22.80
> squeeze2up+
That's not good.  I don't know what it can be doing.  Is the log full of
stuff?  If you stop are restart is it still like that?

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. LMS & Squeeze2upnp to MF M1 CLiC (to MF amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.  Minimserver (server) & upplay (control
point) to same renderers & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.  Squeezelite to
Meridian USB Explorer DAC to speakers/phones.  Wireless Xubuntu 14.04
laptop with firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.   Have a Touch
with EDO, and a spare, but don't use.