OleHB wrote:
> Can someone help me to install this plugin? I use Open Media Vault 3 /
> Debian Jessie 8
>
> Have made a copy of the git-repo and copy it to:
> /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SrvrPowerCtrl
> Thats the place, where the other plugins are located
>
> But at /SrvrPowerCtrl/scripts i only find: mac, unix and win - no
> debian.
Hold your horses right there.
Assuming you're using the same Debian Jessie as I am... here is how to
install the plugin:

1) *VERY IMPORTANT.* Define a password for root. I've met a bug in the
install script that hosed /etc/sudoers. Once /etc/sudoers is corrupt,
you can't sudo anymore to repair it...
But you can "su root". So define a root password, or live dangerously
and be ready to repair sudoers from the drive offline.
To define a password for root: "sudo passwd"

2) There seem to be a bug at line 167 in spc-functions.sh.
(/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SrvrPowerCtrl/scripts/unix/spc-functions.sh)
This is how I got it sorted:
Code:
--------------------

  spc_get_slim_username(){
  spc_get_slim_pid
  if [ ! -z "$SLIMSERVICEPID" ]; then
  ### BUG: returns "squeeze+" on debian 8.x ##
  ###SLIMUSERID=$(ps -fp "$SLIMSERVICEPID" | grep -v 'UID' | sed -n -e
's/^\([[:alnum:]]*\)[[:blank:]]*.*$/\1/p')
  # I guess 25 characters are enough on any platform?
  SLIMUSERID=$(ps o user:25=   "$SLIMSERVICEPID")
  fi
  ...etc...
--------------------

3) Now go to your LMS interface, then Settings>Advanced>Server Power
Control, and click the link in the page head that says "Help with
SrvrPowerCtrl" or something like this.
This opens a new page, with install instructions. You'll just have to
follow it. (but read on the next point before that)

4) For me, the install test step "sudo -u squeezeboxserver
/usr/local/sbin/spc-test.sh" ends in error. As much as I understand the
situation: gharris999 is moving the debian installs from systemV to
systemd, but spc-test.sh still tries to "shutdown -k now" (simulate
shutdown) which is not one of the commands allowed in /etc/sudoers
(everything is migrated to "systemctl <command>")
I can't be bothered to research how systemd renamed shutdown options so
I left it at that.
You should have a working srvPowerControl in spite of detected the
failure.

NOTE: If you review /etc/sudoers, you might want to correct the line
that reads "systemctl hibrid-sleep", probably due to a typo in the
install script.

HTH

3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9
(linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa
• IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon
Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael
Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by
Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin
Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.