Hi Slava,

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 07:11:24PM +0300, Slava Dubrovskiy wrote:

> I use networks_file that ip_src and ip_dst were grouped only in my
> networks. But I also need to count the traffic on networks entering in
> UA-IX (http://noc.ua-ix.net.ua/ua-list.txt)
>
> For this purpose I can use aggregate_filter. But I cannot use it, since
> the list ua-list.txt very big.

I'm not sure if i get it correctly: you want to get a traffic matrix
of local IP addresses and IP adresses reached through the UA-IX.

If that's the case, you can append the UA-IX networks to the local
ones in the file pointed by the "networks_file" directive(s).

Say that X1 .. Xn is the set of your (or your customers) IP address
and Y1 .. Yn is the set of  IP address reached through UA-IX and
Z1 .. Zn is the set of IP addresses reached via upstream providers,
you would see:

Xm, Ym, .., bytes, packets : Outbound traffic to UA-IX
Ym, Xm, .., bytes, packets : Inbound traffic from UA-IX
Xm, 0, .., bytes, packets : Outbound traffic to upstream providers
0, Xm, .., bytes, packets : Inbound traffic to upstream providers

Another scenario can be to maintain as-is local IP addresses, while
aggregating at network boundary IP addresses reached via the UA-IX.
Just let me know if this is the case.

If instead calculating traffic from/to UA-IX is something totally
separated from calculating traffic from/to local IP addresses (so,
you are not trying to build a traffic matrix), then you can freely
instantiate a plugin right for that task.