On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 05:12:34PM -0500, Casey West wrote:

> This makes me want to write a minimal client program using the curses
> libraries.  It was pretty easy to write pong, how hard could this be?
> :-)

        I seem to recall that someone already wrote a console-based IRC
client using POE and POE::Component::IRC. I think it was dngor, in fact,
who showed it to me. Who was working on that, anyways?

> Also, I'd like to add encryption to it, and it would be cool to have
> an encryption based server that I can trust.

        Try ssh + ytalk. :-)

Dennis Taylor           "Anyone whose days are all the same and free from
[EMAIL PROTECTED]    want inhabits eternity of a sort."  - Peter Hoeg
   PGP Fingerprint: E8D6 9670 4FBD EEC3 6C6B  810B 2B30 E529 51BD 7B90