On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 12:47:52PM -0500, alex j avriette wrote:
> course wrote the LittleEndian filter, and the napster server. I am very
> impressed with it and want to contribute however I can. I suspect
> finishing off PoCo::FTP would be useful to the project, but I'd have to
> reach sungo to do that I suspect. Is sungo on list?

I don't know if sungo did something, but you could try a module i wrote:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/poeftp. It works well so far. Data
connections are missing and the API is quite raw atm but i like the
cmd queue stuff somehow, and it works :) Finishing it should not be too much
work. It mostly depends on the chosen interface, passing data packets as
events is easy, interoperating with client session wheels isn't.
I havent worked on it since I had no time and there were no urgent need.
Additionaly I wanted to make it the test case for a coloured petri net
implementation. I read about these some months ago and they should really
help. Implementing it is not easy, the original implementation uses
Standard ML and strong type checking and binding to tokens based on their
values. A lot of the power results from that, yet I don't really know
how to do it in Perl. Anyway, it could make POE programming a lot easier,
concurrency related behaviour is much easier to get as a petri net.
I hope that I can come up with something in the next 1 or 2 months, depends
on the time and brain I got :)
For example, it could remove all the ugly cmd chain/queue handling in the
FTP module, all the internal states, race condition work arounds, ...

torvald