"I just..miss my mom...a little bit," Kat told her, though it was probably
clear in her eyes that she missed her a lot.  "Tuffy does too, he's afraid
that the monsters will come back since she's not here to make them stay
away."
  
Julia brushed Kat's hair from her forehead "Mitchell won't be back, I can
promise you that... but I know how you feel.  How about you and Tuffy try to
sleep and I'll keep your door open for a little extra light... and if you
feel like Tuffy can't sleep in a little while and needs some company you
bring him to our room and we can have a little sleep over."
  
She looked at Nick to make sure this was alright with him but was sure he
wouldn't mind since it would make Kat feel better.
  
"We should know how Tuffy is going to feel in an hour, don't you?" she
asked, looking at both of them.
  
Julia also understood about how it was being a kid and not wanting to admit
to fear to some people.  She had had a bear named Clemons she had used.
  
"We could make some breakfast for everyone too before going to go check on
Rachel and see if she's ready to be brougtht home.  And..." she drawled with
a smile at Kat and lowering her voice as if telling a secret "I wanted to
get you to help me with something but we can do it after we find out about
your mom."

=====

Nick simply shook his head yes at the idea of letting Kat stay in their room
for the night.

<<by the way Julia ICQ/Yahoo/AOL are all being pains right now *lol*>>





_______________________________________________________
Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/


Reply via email to