> "Since ha' I ev'r dragged ye out anywhere?  Well.. except tha' time when
> they were givin' free icecream bu' tha' was because ye would'a skinned me
> alive if I hadn'a called it to yer attention."
>
> That and it had been one of those times those in the House was remembering
> Julia -- her birthday in fact -- and Derek was being especially --
> obstinate.
>
> "Maybe on Easter and Christmas." he ammended himself, knowing full well he
> wouldn't drag any of them anywhere like that but wanting to tease Alex a
> little more.
>
> He finished tucking her in and winked as he picked up the empty glass and
> moved toward the door "No sneakin' out or I'll be forced te sleep me head
> outside yer door."
>
> He put his hand on the light switch "Sleep well, Alex."
>
"You too," Alex told him.  "Philip....thanks."  After he left she curled up
on her side and lay awake thinking for awhile.  About lots of things, Derek,
Julia, church.  Perhaps she should go more often.  It couldn't hurt.

Alex

Reply via email to