"It's been a very long time since anyone tucked me in," Alex told him, but
she lay down to humor him. "I just have one question for you? Does all
this mean you're going to be dragging me out of my nice warm bed every
Sunday morning for Mass?"
"Since ha' I ev'r dragged ye out anywhere? Well.. except tha' time when
they were givin' free icecream bu' tha' was because ye would'a skinned me
alive if I hadn'a called it to yer attention."
That and it had been one of those times those in the House was remembering
Julia -- her birthday in fact -- and Derek was being especially --
obstinate.
"Maybe on Easter and Christmas." he ammended himself, knowing full well he
wouldn't drag any of them anywhere like that but wanting to tease Alex a
little more.
He finished tucking her in and winked as he picked up the empty glass and
moved toward the door "No sneakin' out or I'll be forced te sleep me head
outside yer door."
He put his hand on the light switch "Sleep well, Alex."