Alex had just finished putting on the final touches of her make up and
exited her room in a stunning, yet simple blue sleeveless dress.  "Yes, are
you," she asked in amusement.  "I see you found the missing cufflink.  You
know you really should start keeping them in those cute little white boxes
they come in.  Though, I don't suppose that would help much when you take
off one in your study and the other in your room.'  Something he was prone
to doing, and usually the reason he could never find two at once.  "Or we
could just cut off one arm, I suppose," she teased as she walked down stairs
beside him.


Derek looked up when she first spoke and blinked, watching her come down the
stairs and then join him at the door "Hmm? Oh, right.. arm, cut off.  No, I
don't think that is an option at this time."

He went to the closet beside the door and retrieved their evening coats
before opening the door for her "And you look stunning I might add."

Quite stunning, he thought as he waited for her to exit and closed the door
behind him, wondering what da hell had gotten into him and mentally shaking
his head at himself and saving an analysis until later.

He helped her into the UV and went around to the driver's side and then
dialed Rachel's number.  It answered on the second ring.

"Need a lift?"

"Ready and waiting." Rachel said before hanging up, a grin obvious in her
voice.

So they headed toward Rachel's house, Derek looking over at Alex with his
peripheral vision every once in a while but keeping his main gaze on the
road.


Reply via email to