"Better what?" Nick asked turning around to her. "I wasn't paying
attention." he said with a small smile.


Julia blushed and Derek actually laughed as he picked up the first champagne
flute and passed it to him, then passed one out to the others and, seeing
grape juice for Kat, passed her glass to her before lifting his own and
teasing quietly "I wonder what could possibly be distracting you."

Then in a more normal tone and for the rest to hear, he lifted his glass and
said "Join me in officially greeting Mr. and Mrs Boyle back home.  May your
life be filled with happiness and joy in between the ghosts and goblins."

"Oh my god," Rachel couldn't help it and mock gasped "He told a joke and I
didn't get it on tape!"

Julia had to wait a second so she was sure she wouldn't laugh into her glass
before taking a sip, then she looked at Nick and smiled softly before
'sneaking' a kiss.

Dominic <I guess that's his name til someone corrects me ;)> accepted the
glass, raised it in kind and winked when Julia returned the salute he gave.
Then, promising to have Miss Boyle's favorite coffee ready in the morning he
excused himself "I have to be getting home to my own Missus.
Congratulations both of you."

"Thank you." Julia smiled and watched him go before turning in Nick's arm to
watch the others.  Kat was twirling again and she grinned.

"I still think you'd be the prettiest girl at the gala and with the best
twirl factor." she said with a small chuckle.

Reply via email to