After the Trial, Jimmy, Nick, Alex, Julia, and The Soulchaser stood in the protected circle that the Hunter could not penetrate.  The mood was light thanks to their victory, even the Soulchaser joined in in the congratulations.  However his face went back to the serious countenance when he picked up on the proximity of his nemesis.  The Hunter was close.
 
He turned to The Walker.  "How much longer does the protection rite bkeep this ground sacred?" Soulchaser asked.  "I can feel him."
 
"As long as I can hold it here now that the trial's over.  I could only ask for the protection for as long as it took to come to a conclusion to the trail..." Julia answered, only to look at the others and then the house "We need to get to the Control Room so we can call up the new security perameters.  He won't be able to penetrate the house."

Reply via email to