Dima Pasechnik <d...@sagemath.org> writes:

> On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 04:57:49PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
>> On 2022/01/24 15:51, Dima Pasechnik wrote:
>> > Would a git-generated email with a diff be acceptable?
>> > https://git-send-email.io/
>>
>> Yes as long as it's not one of those big [1/n] sequences of separate
>> emails that would be better dealt with in a single mail :)
>>
>> > In principle, such a patch would be very easy to apply (with git)
>> > to your local git repo - and it can be bounced to appropriately configured
>> > CI...
>>
>> Applying it with git isn't useful for someone who is going to commit
>> it to cvs because (even if they use a mixture of git/got+cvs themselves)
>> it still needs to get into their cvs checkout.
>
> I'm guessing here, but can't you overlay CVS and git trees?
> If it's possible then merging with git will produce a CVS diff.

>> > The OpenBSD-supporting CI I mentioned in my other email
>> > https://man.sr.ht/builds.sr.ht/compatibility.md#openbsd
>> > would be very easy to set up for this.
>>
>> What would you propose a CI to do for ports submissions?
>
> building (maybe testing too) the new/updated port only, just on amd64, as a
> start.
>
> Dima

My thought on this is basically:

  cd /usr/ports/thing/thatchanged && \
    portcheck && \
    make FETHC_PACKAGES=

Also as far as CI "runners" go, this one looks promising:
https://github.com/mario-campos/emulate

Obviously 7.0 wouldn't be sufficient to do ports testing, but maybe
current could be added without much hassle.

Another issue is having a ports tree in the "runner".. a git checkout is
large, but maybe since it would be "local" to github it wouldn't be
_that_ bad?.. but a cvs checkout would be way to slow.