Matt recommended:

> I'd go and recommend yer local library

To which I'd add, keep an eye out there and anywhere else for old issues of
Country Guitar magazine, of which there are maybe a dozen (what I believe
was the last one, from 1995, was Vol. 3, No. 1, and the preceding one
appears to have been Vol. 2, No. 7).  I have what I think are the last 3,
and there's a lot of good stuff in there, from tabs of songs old and new to
"lesson" columns (with tab examples) to interviews to equipment reviews.
Columnists included flatpicker Steve Kaugman, John Jorgenson, Brent Mason,
Radney Foster (on songwriting), to historian Mark Humphrey.  It was put out
by Harris Publications, which does Guitar World, and I guess there just
wasn't enough demand for it.

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/