> > Speaking of which, I remember a trick that an old guitar teacher
> > showed me way back, where you could play (I hope I'm remembering
> > this right) album at 17, or whatever that low setting was on old
> > record players, and get the solo in key, but half as fast and an
> > octave lower.
> >
>       [Matt Benz]  That the old 78 speed, isn't it?

No, young man. The correct speed was 16 rpm.

Has anybody ever seen an actual 16rpm record? I heard that the Highway
HiFi offered as an option on some old Chrysler automobiles played these,
but was never able to verify it.

Twang content: the original Dukes of Hazzard car was a 1958 Chrysler 300.
--
Geff King
(who doesn't need to play 16rpm to sound half fast)