>Lancelot Link and the Evolution Revolution.
>
>Long before Prince stole the name, these primates rocked.
>
>Slim

Erg... There's a copy of this LP in my garage. H'ep!

The Dickies did indeed do (alliterative, aren't we?) The Banana Splits
Theme song, and Gigantor, and *somebody* did "Eep, Op, Ork" too, but I
don't remember who. Thought it was the B52's. Could have been the Dickies
again... The B52's did "Meet the Flintstones" and "The Bedrock Twitch" --
as the B.C.52's

God, but this is fluff, but -- SORRY, TOO BAD, SO THERE! NYAH! NYAH! -- the
other thing I remember is when I was a TV-watchin' sprout, is that Peter &
Gordon and/or Chad & Jeremy made an appearance on every sitcom on the tube,
from the Dick Van Dyke show to Batman. The plot was always the same: Our
Heroes had to hide out from hordes of screaming girls.

Which reminds me: that Beatles cartoon...

Also, the Beau Brummels on the Flintstones.

And, the Archies.

Okay, where's my blanket. I need my nap now.

Here's something relevant, with a smidgen of twang content, even...

Saturday Morning Cartoons' Greatest Hits (Uni/MCA)
Includes:

The Tra La La Song (One Banana, Two Banana) - Liz Phair/Material Issue
Go Speed Racer Go - Sponge
Sugar Sugar - Mary Lou Lord/Semisonic
Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? - Matthew Sweet
Josie And The Pussycats - Juliana Hatfield/Tanya Donelly
The Bugaloos - Collective Soul
Underdog - Butthole Surfers
Gigantor - Helmet
Spider-Man - Ramones
Jonny Quest - Reverend Horton Heat
Stop That Pigeon - Reverend Horton Heat
Open Up Your Heart And Let The Sun Shine In - Frente!
Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah (Means I Love You) (from "The Jetsons") - Violent Femmes
Fat Albert Theme (from "Fat Albert And The Cosby Kids") - Dig
I'm Popeye The Sailor Man - Face To Face
Sigmund And The Seamonsters: - Tripping Daisy
Hong Kong Phooey (Theme) - Sublime
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy (from "The Ren And Stimpy Show") - Wax