> On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Jon Weisberger wrote:
>
> > >   Didn't Pebbles and BamBam have a hit song something
> > >   like "Open up your heart and let the Sunshine in".
> >
> > Uh, that was Buck Owens.
>
> Much as I hate to contribute to this dubious thread (Jerry Curry's
> probably jumping with joy over all this questionable music content), those
> are two different songs.  Don't ask me how I know that.

All right, I won't, but here's something interesting: the
not-always-reliable All-Music Guide shows the writer of the Pebbles/Bam-Bam
"hit" (geez, was it really like an actual, charting hit?) as Hamblen, no
first name, and sure enough, the great Stuart Hamblen has a song registered
with ASCAP by that title.  Is this for real, or did the AMG get it wrong,
and yet another writer is responsible for the cartoon song?  If it's really
Stuart Hamblen, I might like to hear that.

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/