Before getting to my "mass reply" to the thread...I will add:

No one mentioned Homer Simpson's Babershop Quartet, The B-Sharps!!

And speaking of cartoon covers (which at some point we did or will), I might
add that 2 Nice Girls also covered "Speed Racer" (on their "Like a Version"
CD)

And in the "non-cartoon cover" category, Joan Jett covers the "Mary Tyler
Moore" theme as well...

Now on to the replies...

Mitch Matthews wrote:

<<Hey, what about Happy Days? Richie, Potsy and Ralph had a combo with varying
drummers (pudgy gang member, high school majorette, hip black guy among
others).>>

Don't forget in later episodes, didn't Chachi pick up the "sticks" for the
combo?

Todd Larson wrote:
>>(who also remembers a cast band or two on "Saved By the Bell")<<

Zack and the Attack?

Jon Weisberger wrote:

>>All right, I won't, but here's something interesting: the

not-always-reliable All-Music Guide shows the writer of the Pebbles/Bam-Bam

"hit" (geez, was it really like an actual, charting hit?) as Hamblen, no

first name, and sure enough, the great Stuart Hamblen has a song registered

with ASCAP by that title.  Is this for real, or did the AMG get it wrong,

and yet another writer is responsible for the cartoon song? <<

According the the writing credits for the song on the (previously mentioned in
another post) *Saturday Morning Cartoons* comp, the person who wrote the song
is indeed Stuart Hamblen!

Paul