In a message dated 1/27/99 2:41:06 AM !!!First Boot!!!, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< The contrbutors to this amusing thread are missing all of the soap opera
 rock bands, typically put together in the summer to keep the attention of
 the kids home from school. I'm vague on the specifics, but I do remember
 characters in bands on

 - Guiding Light (sax led rock band)

Hey CK,

My brother and mom used to watch that soapy, and while I can't remember that
guy's band, I do remember that Neil Sadaka, The B-52s, and Quarterflash were
some of the bands that appeared on that show as "performers" at the local bar.

Speaking of soapys, what about Rick Springfield and his soap opera time? Did
he ever play on the show?

OhOhOhOhOhOhOh!

Almost forgot (unless none of you want to include this): Jas and Stan
Schmengy, The Happy Wanderers (John Candy and Eugene Levy), the polka band on
SCTV. Then again, they also had Candy appear as Gil Fischer, the Fishin'
Musician ("Love to fish, I just don't like the taste of them") when he had The
Tubes go bass fishing with him, or Carl Perkins do a Canadian outing, or The
Plasmatics and their bow hunting expedition.

Mitch Matthews
Gravel Train/Sunken Road (Hey, new member of SR, he's a banjo player)