Shane S. Rhyne writes:

>He [Shaun Cassidy] did attempt a serious rock album (as
>opposed to teenybopper stuff) at some point but it didn't
>take with the fans. But I digress...

     This was "Wasp," (1980 or so, I think) which has a certain
collectibility factor since it was produced by Todd Rundgren and on which
Cassidy was backed by Rundgren's band Utopia.  Used copies don't turn up
too often due to its lousy sales.  It was actually a pretty decent
record, particularly if you were a Rundgren fan anyway.
     "Wasp"'s most recent oddball cultural reference was as part of a
joke that maybe five people around the country understood a couple of
seasons back on Mystery Science Theater 3000.
     Cassidy's most recent surfacing was as creator of the short-lived
"American Gothic" series a couple of years ago.
                                --Jon Johnson
                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                   Wollaston, Massachusetts