Howdy,

Wasn't someone recently complaining about the lack of fluff on P2? Heh heh.

At any rate, Deb says of Josie and the Pussycats: <<You mean they weren't a
real band?>>

Real enough for me. At least as real as the Monkees. (Hi, Buddy.)

The Josie and the Pussycats lineup of vocal talent included my favorite
Angel, Cheryl Ladd (who I was praising recently on the fluff channel). In
addition to the Josie & the Pussycats record, Ladd recorded two solo albums
during her heyday in the late 70s/early 80s.

Other "TV bands" of note (and, yes, I'm offlisting a copy of this to Junior
for the guy researching this stuff, but I'm no expert and a lot of this is
stream of conscious...) include:

Ricky Nelson on "Ozzie and Harriet" -- Ricky wanted to be a singer in real
life and his dad suggested writing it into the script of the show and before
you could say "Hello, Mary Lou" a star was born.

Kristy McNichol (and her brother Jimmy) launched a brief recording career
which, I believe, had a small storyline at some point in the TV show,
"Family." (Somewhere, lost in a pile of old memorabilia, is my copy of that
album...)

I think Willie Aames on "Eight Is Enough" had a band, too. I can't remember
for certain about that. I do know that his character's older brother (Grant
Goodeve?) did sing from time to time on the show and I believe he recorded
an album or two.

Shaun Cassidy, playing one of the Hardy Boys (I can never remember which)
incorporated his musical career into the stories. He had at least two or
three albums, the first one featured "Da Doo Ron Ron" and other covers, plus
a few originals. My sister had both of these albums, every Tiger Beat issue
he appeared in, a Shaun Cassidy keyboard she got for Christmas, and the
official Shaun Cassiday satin jacket. She lost interest in him about the
time Michael Jackson started making waves with "Off the Wall." He did
attempt a serious rock album (as opposed to teenybopper stuff) at some point
but it didn't take with the fans. But I digress...

Wasn't Leif Garrett also a cast member of "Family" or am I misremembering
that?

Cartoon band I haven't seen mentioned yet: Jabberjaw

Take care,

Shane Rhyne
Knoxville, TN
[EMAIL PROTECTED]