        [Matt Benz]  Well, I guess I ain't so harsh a critic as One
Wyatt, tho I see this point. Then again, getting all those guys to work
together on anything was a big deal. Especially Ricky Barnes: too many
cooks, etc. Anyway, judged from the one "session" I attended, I have a
hard time believing this record was recorded "quickly."  I should also
point out that Purple Rain was one of those recorded larks that came
back to haunt these fellas, and I'd venture to say that they weren't
proud of that effort. Now, Shade Tree Fix It Man, that cooks!