At 12:55 AM -0500  on 1/26/99, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Writers, editors, and librarians -- we're picky sorts.  I guess
>because there
>are standard and accepted style manuals that are followed in writing when a
>song or any copyrighted work is mentioned.  I think you find the lack of
>information on CD liner notes varies due to a lack of  an accepted standard.

One of the nice things about LPs -- aside from how they sound better
and have much better artwork on the jackets -- is how, without fail,
the songwriters were almost always included after the title of the song
and the length. Right now I've got a few Bloodshot and Checkered Past
CDs in a stack that don't have any information at all on the discs,
just some bad artwork that adds nothing and takes away too much. I'd
happily trade those doodles for some real info.

Bob