[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 1/27/99 8:17:56 AM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> writes:
>
> << how would you characterize Julie Miller's early CD's??  Just curious . . .
> >>

> Contemporary Christian. Heavy on the Pop side. The two I own have a few really
> great songs scattered through them, but a lot of God stuff that I can't listen
> to.
>
> They're  no "Blue Pony", thats for sure.
>
> Slim

I have to disagree.  Although, this could be one of those half-full,
half-empty things.

Anyway, IMHO, there are mostly great songs with a couple of clinkers per
disc.  A la Amy Grant, over produced, over the top.  But I wouldn't give
any of them up.

Her version of 'All My Tears' will shoot right through you.  And that is
not to take anything away from Emmylou's version at all.  And when Buddy
chimes in vocally or instrumentally, well.

Bill Lavery
http://villagerecords.com/