sez James Matthews-
>My view of country-soul btw would be epitomised by William Bell's _You
>Don't Miss Your Water_ (anyone else think the Byrds cover on _Sweethearts
>Of The Rodeo_ completely devoid of soul?)

The only version I'd known of this tune for years was Fred Neil's (sp?)
which had enough guts in it to keep me from ever getting into the Byrds'
version.

 Speaking of which, has P2 ever talked about the whole California country
rock style of harmony where it's always in unrelentingly sweet thirds-no
tension, no dissonance, no variation? Obviously, the Bakersfield thang was
another kettle of fish, but I find this particular style I'm talking about
cloying whether it's the Byrds, the Eagles,  Desert Rose...whoever.  Anybody
care to edify me regarding this longstanding sweeping generalization of
mine?

Kelly