Matt Benz wrote:

> Junior's comparison is fair enough; I have no doubt Gill was more
> impressive, but did either Old 97's or Whiskeytown play anything
> remotely country sounding?

I believe that Whiskeytown played the very beautiful (and very country
sounding) "I Lost the Battle but I Won the War".  Ryan said something about
doing it for his mother.  It's one of those songs that cuts through the
Whiskeytown hype and b.s. and makes you realise that Ryan has flashes of
astounding inspiration amidst all the crap.  One day maybe we'll get an
album's worth of Caitlin/Ryan duets.  That would be something to hear.

Stevie